Savannah Changes but Stays the Same

After a nine and a half hour direct flight from Honolulu to Washington D.C., and a quick regional flight I found myself back in my hometown of Savannah, Georgia. It is not often that I get a chance to visit so I try to pack in as much southern themed experiences as I can in the time that I am back. This trip was only a week but included catching alligators, sunrise walks on Bluff Drive, a road trip to Atlanta, a late late night Braves game, a photo tour of downtown Savannah, and drinks with the gang.
    Southern food and eateries are always high on my list of experiences when I visit as well. I am pretty sure all but one of my breakfasts included grits and I had some classic Southern breakfast charm at the Waffle House and Cracker Barrel. And since a road trip to Atlanta was in the plans I had to grab a yellow dog and varsity orange at the Varsity. Some things never change...while at the same time new developments, homes, and other buildings catch my eye each time I come back.
  My local Piggly Wiggly supermarket was now a Bi Lo, a Harvest Bread Co. restaurant was celebrating its one year anniversary nearby, and my elementary school had been totally demolished in preparation for a brand new home for the Isle of Hope fiddler crabs, but the biggest change of all was the bright blue house on the block...the Tamarack House! Check out the awesome new blue my mom has transformed the house with. It was pretty cool to see such a change but with the same hundred plus year old oak trees arcing over the roof.
 
Bluff Dr. Sunrise
Leading to the sunrise




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island