Fall Foliage in Vermont

 IMG_5074.jpeg

I took this shot out of the gondola window as we rode up to have lunch at the Cliff House, high atop Mt. Mansfield.

There is a natural phenomenon that occurs in late September, early October here in Stowe, Vermont. All of our deciduous trees turn a thousand different shades of red, yellow, and orange. This is known as Fall Foliage. Thousands of leaf-peepers descend on our small town, many in big buses, just to witness the transformation of our forest. If you happen to catch this amazing sight at its peak, it can look like entire forest are ablaze with color. But, you have to get lucky with timing, as we never know when peak season will be, and how long it will last.

Scientist are still trying to get a better understanding on the timing and conditions that create these amazing colors. Some years are better than others, for some reason. And other years have one big rain and wind event that knocks down all the leaves almost overnight. But this year....wow! We are in peak right now and it is one of the best in decades. Even residents of Stowe, like me, are out, hiking into the hills and climbing mountains to get better views of the foliage. This is a wonderful time to be here in the mountains of Vermont.

Enjoy a few scenes from different areas around town. Hope you enjoy the beauty of Stowe, Vermont in the fall.

IMG_5190.jpeg
The bottom of the Stowe Pinnacle trail. This is a very popular spot at this time of year.

IMG_5178.jpeg
I can't tell you how many times I stopped to look up as I hiked through the mountains around Stowe. Just look at this!?

IMG_5174.jpeg
Getting closer to the summit of Stowe Pinncale. I highly recommend this trail for anyone visiting Stowe.

IMG_5172.jpeg
So many shades of yellow on this trail.

IMG_5170.jpeg
I like how the trees here create a natural arch that you hike through.

IMG_5155.jpeg
I just pulled over and took a picture out of my car window. The colors are everywhere right now.

IMG_5151.jpeg
Another photo out of my car window. This is the community church here in Stowe. I was stuck in leaf-peeper traffic, so I could snap this photo.

dji_fly_20261001_104612_880_1790866045398_photo_optimized.jpegI love flying my drone at this time of year for a different perspective.

dji_fly_20261001_104500_878_1790866016328_photo_optimized.jpegSmugglers Notch is one of the premier driving and hiking destinations in the entire USA for witnessing the Fall foliage colors. It is located just above the town of Stowe, Vermont.

IMG_5121.jpeg
This boardwalk is at the entrance to Smuggler's Notch, and an easy way to see some beautiful scenery.

cd81bf48-1096-4a81-ade0-8c247d0fc218.jpeg
Taking the Stowe gondola up and then hiking the cliff trail to the summit of Mt. Mansfield is a more adventurous way of experience the Fall foliage.

ee74a800-499a-447c-93ee-2e21686aee8f.jpegI hiked up to the summit with my friend Lauren, who was visiting with her mom and grandma just to see the colors.

IMG_5090.jpeg
A panorama of the Fall colors below.

IMG_5063.jpegThis was a telephoto shot while on a walk on Stowe's Quiet Path.

IMG_5058.jpeg
The trails are littered with the colors of Fall.

IMG_5056.jpegSometimes the mountain tops are shrouded in mist, but its still beautiful.

IMG_5052.jpeg
This is up at a beaver pond in Nebraska Notch.

IMG_5038.jpeg
Beautiful colors at the Trout Club in Nebraska Valley.

dji_fly_20260928_103742_848_1790606319536_photo_optimized.jpeg
Looking down as I fly above the trees with my drone.

IMG_5008.jpeg
This is my view when I walk outside my home here in Stowe. Magnificent!

Comments