Nebraska Notch Hike in Peak Fall Colors

 TWTS7699.JPG

Thanks to the drone you can get a better idea of just how amazing, gorgeous, and secluded this area is.

    It can get pretty crowded here in Stowe during the peak changing of the leaves season. But if you know where to go, you can find some dramatic fall scenery, without the crowds. The Nebraska Notch hike is one of these places. It starts all the way at the end of Nebraska Valley road. The road dead ends into the members-only Mansfield Trout Club, but there is a separate parking area for day hikers, just above the building. The hike winds its way along the banks of Lake Mansfield, before angling up towards the Nebraska Notch. It is about 2 miles and 800ft elevation gain. At the top you find yourself on the famous Long Trail, and an overnight shelter for hikers.

   The Fall colors were amazing around the lake, and only got better as I climbed higher on the trail. I didn't see another soul, all the way to the top. It was just pure, natural serenity. The shelter had some very cool bunks in it, and I couldn't help but think about bringing the kids up here for an overnight adventure. The trees had grown up, impacting the view a bit, but I put my dji mini 4k drone to good use, getting a better vantage of the surroundings. What I saw blew me away!

   I did see a couple hikers on my way down, but for the most part I felt like I had the trail all to myself. Not too shabby for this time of year! Enjoy the photos and the colors.

IMG_E5664.JPG
Mansfield Lake turning colorful for the Fall season.

JAVT5337.JPG
Hidden Valley. This is the view from on top of Nebraska Notch.

KMUN9865.JPG
This is an overnight shelter for hikers doing the Long Trail. There were some really cute bunk beds inside.

IMG_5686.JPG
I'm going to have to come back here when the kids are old enough to hike up, and spend the night.

VIZE7518.JPG
Cabin lost in the rainbow colored woods.

IMG_5708.JPG
View from the top.

IMG_5661.JPG
This hike starts at the private ,members only Mansfield Trout Club.

IMG_5666.JPG
The colors are really firing now.

IMG_5682.JPG
The colors getting better with a little elevation.

IMG_5683.JPG
A beaver home near the top.

IMG_5684.JPG

IMG_5709.JPG
I could stay here for a while.

IMG_5678.JPG
Another view of the beaver area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Hidden Ulupalakua Lava Tube, Maui

Search for Chameleons, Maui