Stowe Pinnacle Hike, Vermont

 IMG_4207.jpeg

Standing on top of Stowe Pinnacle with amazing panoramic views.

Climbing the Stowe Pinnacle Trail from Pinnacle Meadows offers a quintessential Vermont hiking experience, filled with scenic beauty and a rewarding summit view. The trailhead at Pinnacle Meadows provided ample parking and a gentle introduction to the hike with well-maintained paths and lush greenery. As I began my ascent, the trail winded through a dense forest of maple, birch, and beech trees, creating a cool and shaded environment that is particularly refreshing on a warm summer day. The chirping of birds and the rustle of leaves underfoot accompanied me as I navigated the moderately steep incline, which became more challenging as I gained elevation.

As I approached the summit, the trees began to thin, and the rocky outcrops of the Stowe Pinnacle came into view. The final stretch required a bit of scrambling over rocks, but the effort was well worth it. Upon reaching the summit, I was greeted with a breathtaking panoramic view that stretches across the rolling hills and valleys of Vermont. Today was a clear day, so I could see the Green Mountains, Mount Mansfield, and the Worcester Range in the distance. The open rock face at the top provides an ideal spot to rest, enjoy a picnic, and take in the expansive vistas. The sense of accomplishment and the stunning natural beauty make climbing the Stowe Pinnacle Trail an unforgettable outdoor adventure.

Check out some of these pics from the adventure!

IMG_4203.jpeg
Evidence of a pileated woodpecker on the trail.

IMG_4177.jpeg
White tail deer checking me out on the way to the trail.

IMG_4189.jpeg
I set the camera on timer mode to get this shot of me hiking up a steeper part of the trail.

IMG_4206.jpeg
You don't really bust out of the forest until the absolute peak. Then there is this rocky area that gives you three hundred and sixty degree views.

IMG_4205.jpeg
I'm not sure who Snyder is but this leads to a quiet corner of the summit.

IMG_4179.jpeg
I started the hike at the old parking lot for the Pinnacle Meadows.

IMG_4182.jpeg
Rocky stairs lead the way up.

IMG_4204.jpeg
I'm not sure who left their hat, but this is the last trail marker before the summit! Almost there.

IMG_4181.jpeg
As you gain over 1,000ft in elevation, the forest starts to change and shift.

IMG_4208.jpeg
Panorama from the top!

IMG_4180.jpeg
The early morning start meant some cool mist hugging the surrounding mountains.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Hidden Ulupalakua Lava Tube, Maui

Search for Chameleons, Maui