Quintessential Snow Day in Stowe, Vermont

 IMG_7082.JPG

Beautiful view looking downslope at the lodge at Stowe Mountain Resort

We have gotten a bit of snow over the past few days here in Stowe, Vermont. Our little town becomes a winter wonderland when that happens and I always say to myself that I should go out and take some photos. Well, today was the day I finally did it.

I started in downtown, with the famous Stowe Church. Main street was still all decorated for the holidays. Then I took a few photos on my way up mountain road on my way to the Stowe Mountain Resort. Finally I strapped on my snowboard and headed up the Four Runner Quad to get some photos from way up high. The scenes were just beautiful, but feel free to take a look for yourself.

IMG_7081.JPG
I had to stop here and take a photo of the sun backlighting all of these snow covered trees.

IMG_7064.JPG
I thought, 'what could be more Northeast than this?'
IMG_6840.JPG
My son getting in on the snowy action.

IMG_7077.JPG
Way up on Mount Mansfield, looking down over snowy Vermont

IMG_7078.JPG
View from the top of the quad today at Stowe

IMG_7079.JPG
Dressed for success and all smiles.

IMG_7083.JPG
Halfway down!

IMG_7060.JPG
Our beautiful little downtown of Stowe.

IMG_7063.JPG
Another angle of downtown Stowe.

IMG_7067.JPG
Ski-in ski-out lodge on the way up the mountain.

IMG_7071.JPG
Beautiful day and not a large crowd at Stowe mountain resort.

IMG_7069.JPG
The view turning into the mountain.

IMG_7072.JPG
Soaking it up.

IMG_7075.JPG
The moon setting over the mountain. It almost looks like the ski lift takes you right up to the moon.

I'll be out of the snow for the next month, running expedition cruise trips in the Hawaiian Islands. I feel pretty lucky that I was able to have a few days like this to ring in the new year before switching it up for board shorts and snorkel goggles.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island