Early Season Snow here in Stowe, Vermont

 IMG_6871.JPG

So far it has been a pretty stellar snow season here in Stowe, Vermont. We got a good six inches one day, and I have been snowboarding ever since. The beautiful thing about an early winter snow, is that the crowds are not yet at the mountain. So it can be just you and a lot of fresh powder.

I've been trying to document some of these days. These selfies look pretty similar, until you really look at the backdrop. I tried to capture all different areas over the course of a couple of weeks.

The rest of the month doesn't look too good in terms of snowfall, but I'm hoping that it'll be a good February when I am back from Hawaii.

IMG_6869.JPG
View from on top of the quad at Stowe Mountain Resort.
IMG_E6859.JPG
The view on my way our of the neighborhood.
IMG_6846.JPG
Spending some time on the mountain with my oldest.
IMG_6860.JPG
Everyone was just pumped to be on the mountain, scoring some fresh powder this day. Susie and I had runs all to ourselves.
IMG_6868.JPG
Sunshine after the snowfall.

IMG_6872.JPG
Where are the crowds?
IMG_6890.JPG
This sign says, 'Warning: Backcountry area not patrolled.'
IMG_6891.JPG
Another beautiful day at the top of the gondola. Opening day for the Gondola.
IMG_6896.JPG
I'm not the only one pumped to be at the mountain.
IMG_6882.JPG
The extra slow, remnant of times gone past, toll road lift at Stowe.

I'm looking forward to more funs times on the mountain to come this winter!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island