Early Season Snow here in Stowe, Vermont

 IMG_6871.JPG

So far it has been a pretty stellar snow season here in Stowe, Vermont. We got a good six inches one day, and I have been snowboarding ever since. The beautiful thing about an early winter snow, is that the crowds are not yet at the mountain. So it can be just you and a lot of fresh powder.

I've been trying to document some of these days. These selfies look pretty similar, until you really look at the backdrop. I tried to capture all different areas over the course of a couple of weeks.

The rest of the month doesn't look too good in terms of snowfall, but I'm hoping that it'll be a good February when I am back from Hawaii.

IMG_6869.JPG
View from on top of the quad at Stowe Mountain Resort.
IMG_E6859.JPG
The view on my way our of the neighborhood.
IMG_6846.JPG
Spending some time on the mountain with my oldest.
IMG_6860.JPG
Everyone was just pumped to be on the mountain, scoring some fresh powder this day. Susie and I had runs all to ourselves.
IMG_6868.JPG
Sunshine after the snowfall.

IMG_6872.JPG
Where are the crowds?
IMG_6890.JPG
This sign says, 'Warning: Backcountry area not patrolled.'
IMG_6891.JPG
Another beautiful day at the top of the gondola. Opening day for the Gondola.
IMG_6896.JPG
I'm not the only one pumped to be at the mountain.
IMG_6882.JPG
The extra slow, remnant of times gone past, toll road lift at Stowe.

I'm looking forward to more funs times on the mountain to come this winter!

Comments