Enjoying Work

  Waking up excited about work is a reality for me. I lead expeditions around the world onboard adventure cruise ships and privately to destinations like Hawaii, Alaska, Antarctica, and Africa. Sharing these wild places with excited guests is an extremely rewarding experience. I constantly see the locations, wildlife, and adventures through their eye....like I'm seeing it for the first time. I feel very lucky to be in this position and I do not take any of it for granted. I've worked many different jobs that have culminated in being able to excel in this career.... teacher, marine biologist, boat captain, naturalist, whale researcher, photographer, lifeguard, guide. Something I heard once as a young man and took to heart was, "If you do something you love long enough, someone will start to pay you for it."

  It makes the 14 hour days, the bad weather, the unruly guests, and the last minute contingency plans all worth it. Here are a few pictures from the last couple of weeks leading adventures in Hawaii onboard the UnCruise small expedition cruise ship 'Safari Explorer.'

A dolphin leading us out from our anchorage

Me, with Chief Mate Sam and Captain Sean

Pointing out mating octopus to the guest

Me, Staci, Amanda, Cherese, and Wilson

Drive in to Halawa Valley, Molokai

Something is not right here

Leading a kayak at Nanahoa, '5 Sisters, Lanai'

The guests holding my kayak as I scamper into a lava tube

My star talk evening presentation

Consecutive breaching humpback whales





Goofing off with the guests

Showing off a pin cushion sea star

Deep in a lava tube during a hiking adventure on Hualalai Volcano, Big Island

Bow riding spinner dolphins

Searching for critters on the reef at Kealakekua Bay, Big Island
Driving a skiff tour along the lava cliff coastline of Big Island

Every year the crew is slightly different, but always stellar

Birthday snorkel at Shark Fin Rock, Lanai


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island