Private Guiding on Maui

  It has been busy here on Maui. We sptoent the first couple of weeks back putting together our condo, hanging out with Jim and Cheryl, meeting up with a sailing buddy of Heidi's, and I still somehow found some time get a bit of private guiding in. 

  Two of my all-star guests from a previous Antarctica trip were on Maui and reached out to see if I was around and available to show them around. I always tell people that having a knowledgeable guide can really enhance your experience, so I was very glad they got in touch. And even happier that I could assist!


  I spent a couple of days with Danny and Julia, showing them some of the lesser known places of Maui. We took in endemic honeycreepers up in the cloud forest on the upper slopes of Haleakala, ate some of the finest seafood around at Mama's Fish House, strolled through a lush rainforest valley, learned about the history of the islands, and spent some time underwater at one of my favorite snorkel spots. 
  The turtles didn't disappoint. I think I saw a dozen at one time. We also got lucky spotting two white tip reef sharks cruising around the bottom of the reef. 

   While I wish I would have had more time to take the duo around, I'm so glad that we could share what we did. Always leave something for next time....



 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island