Haines, Alaska Thru the Lens
![]() |
| 4am Sunrise coming into Haines |
![]() |
| Silver Muse at the Haines dock |
![]() |
| Alaska Trainquility |
![]() |
| Lupine in bloom |
![]() |
| A fine day at work |
I was in luck. The rain held off, but the dramatic clouds remained which created a wonderful backdrop to the landscape shots. The water of Chilkoot Lake and stream were turquoise blue thanks to all the glacial melt upstream in the mountains. And to cap it all off the wildflowers were in full bloom. Purple lupin, yellow buttercups, and deep brown chocolate lilies added beautiful color to an already beautiful scene.![]() |
| Chilkoot Lake, Haines |
Most of the big ships miss this port as they head fourteen miles north to the town of Skagway. If you ask me, Haines is much more my kind of town. I felt lucky to be able to catch it thru my lens and I look forward to coming back again.






Comments
Post a Comment
Leaving a comment is a great way to provide feedback, ask further questions, and inspire more answers...so go for it.