Hidden Gems Around the Corner: Vermont

Snow at Stowe
Neka in the wildflowers
The first sprinkling of snow on top of the mountains brings an air of excitement here in Vermont. It is time to dust off those skis and snowboards. For me that is a lot of dust. It has been about 7 years since I last snowboarded so I'm hoping that all these surf sessions pay off as a kind of cross training.

  And with the excitement of spending a bit more time here in Vermont I wanted to do a bit of exploring. Just across from an old covered bridge that I photographed earlier this week I found a trail that supposedly followed the river to a couple of waterfalls. I thought I would see if I could photograph them with a bit of the waning fall colors before the snow season took over.

Brewster River
Lower Falls
  The trail led to many other trails which was a cool surprise since it was right around the corner from Heidi's family place. Its called the Brewster River Gorge, or as some locals call it the lower and upper falls. Coupled with some late fall colors this was a great hike of discovery. It turns out you never know what is right out your backyard if you never look.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island