Commando Hike Revisited, Maui

Last time I wrote about the infamous Commando Hike it quickly became the most searched for entry on my entire blog. Apparently the secret whereabouts of this hike are secret even from the Maui Revealed guide book. As my favorite hike on the island I decided I had to share this with my friends Ryan, Will, Mickey, and Abby who had a week in Maui before catching their tall ship in Honolulu to set sail to Tahiti. Here is their adventure in pictures.
Rock hopping up the creek

Some pools are deeper than they appear





25ft up on vines. This is like Disney World
This could be out of a movie set


Mickey asking, "we go up this?!"



teamwork


Deeper into the lava tube
what does that sign say?


The payoff after the cave. Waterfall and swimming hole all to ourselves.

Getting a different view on the hike back





Burger's best tarzan impression
Abby takes the plunge
Will: the only one brave enough to face the fierce cow


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island