Back in Vermont

  After seven weeks leading adventure trips aboard the Safari Quest in Alaska's Inside Passage I am back in Vermont for a little rest and relaxation with Heidi and Neka the puppy. It has been a rainy first week here as summer comes to an end in the Northeast. However I did score this one beautiful day out at the right spot, on a island in the middle of Lake Champlain called Stave Island.

Look up the lookout tower
  It reminds me of my childhood days on another island off the coast of southern Georgia called St. Catherines Island where my dad was a zoologist. It was an immense playground for a young kid as I am sure Stave Island was for Heidi and for Neka now.

The kids cottage where Heidi and I stay
Heidi and Neka
  Next time I come through Vermont will be late October and the summer will be officially a memory. The trees are already starting to change colors as we shift into Fall. It was nice to get the last bit of summer in such a beautiful place with such wonderful company.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island