Wild Water Scenes from Sandy Beach, Oahu


 We were hoping for an early morning sunrise hike somewhere on the southeast shore of Oahu but mother nature had other thoughts. Once we crossed over to the windward side of the island the rain became pretty consistent.

  Not to be deterred we drove down the coast until we hit Sandy's Beach park. Known for its pounding shore break and body boarding it also turned out to be a great place for sunrise pictures. I was hoping that the sun would poke up in between the cloud layer and the ocean. While it didn't do exactly what I wanted it still gave me some nice colors to work with. I got these pictures during that magic hour by standing very close to the waves breaking over the lava rock shelf. A long exposure was used to capture a feeling of the movement of the waves over those lava rocks. I knew we had a good location for the sunrise shoot when I saw a van full of people on a round the island photo tour pull up next to us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island