Surfing Honolua Bay, Maui



 9-21-11, the surf kept building at Honolua Bay. Jonathan, Jeff, Mike, and I arrive around 3pm and paddled out to a crowded lineup. Luckily there was no shortage of waves. Many waves lined up perfectly for peeling rights as they wrapped around the point. We stayed until sunset when we were too tired to continue.




In the picture to the left you can see the wrap effect out towards the point. The waves were much bigger off to the left where we were.
I had only been here to snorkel before so this was a new spot for me to surf. It is world famous though and rightly so after what I saw today. It ranks very high for waves that I have ridden.

I thought I would throw in a couple of artsy pictures as well. Surfers in the lineup in the setting sun to the left and a surfer just making it out of a big close out waves to the right.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island