Touching Down in Jackson Hole, Wyoming

  Tucked in between the Teton Range and Yellowstone National Park, the town of Jackson Hole provides some of the most amazing backdrops. Landing in Jackson Hole airport has got to be one of the most picturesque place to fly into.

   I was still soaking in the beauty of the Tetons meeting the plains when I rolled up to a sprawling log cabin that I thought may be a museum with all the bronze statues in the yard. Then I realized that this is the house I'm staying at for the next few days. We were in the middle of the Elk Refuge, although they all move out after the winter. A few of the bronze statues depicted what it must be like in the winter, although I have to admit I will take the nice spring weather and look for the elk elsewhere.


  One of the statues depicted a cowboy on a bucking horse which I learned is one of the main symbols of Jackson Hole. The real elk also left a clue of their passing, having broken off one of the antlers from a bronze elk statue.

I can't wait to start exploring Yellowstone, the Tetons, the Snake River and more here in Jackson Hole, Wyoming.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island