Scuba Diving Mnemba Island, Day 2: Zanzibar

Heading to the boat
After our first day of diving in the warm, beautiful waters around Mnemba Island the group woke up ready for more today. We decided to head out as a united front today, scuba diving in one large group so everyone could share in the experience.


Emperor Anglefish
Fire dartfish (Nemateleotris magnifica)
  I wasn't able to bring my big camera setup this trip due to the weight limitations of all the small safari planes, but I did bring Heidi's compact camera, a Canon PowerShot S110 in an underwater housing to record some of the underwater action out here off the coast. All of these pictures were taken with that, and you can see the underwater video capabilities in the previous post.

Clear blue waters of the Indian Ocean
Fi in her element
  We saw many of the same fish and nudibranchs from yesterdays dives, although the schools were even bigger and denser today. A couple of beautiful angelfish showed up as well as a sleeping green sea turtle who we found hiding out inside a big coral bommie about 60ft down.




Schools of fish for days
Beautiful anthias



Oriental Sweetlips
Indian Ocean Green Sea Turtle


Skunk Anemonefish
Flying Gurnard


Curious Blenny looking out
Lionfish in its natural habitat

Fiona, aka the 'dirt dart'
Relaxing on the safety stop



A well camouflaged Crocodile Fish

Comments

  1. Very good writeup! I check out your blog site quite often, and
    you're constantly coming up with some great staff.

    I shared this post on my Twitter, and my followers liked it!
    To the next. Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant post. I read your blog quite often, and you are constantly coming up with some good staff.
    I shared this post on my Tumblr, and my followers liked it!

    Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment is a great way to provide feedback, ask further questions, and inspire more answers...so go for it.

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island