Northern Lights in Alaska!


   I would have never guessed that my welcome back to Alaska would include close bear enconters, several pods of orca, some lingering humpback whales, and a beautiful display of the Northern Lights!

 I was awoken early in the morning, around one am, to the voice of one of our deckhands quietly waking me up for the northern lights. Then he said they would like me to make the announcement to everyone over the loudspeaker to wake everyone else up. So I conjured up my most melodic, middle of the night voice and told everyone to get their butts outside! The light show started off pretty beautiful but got better and better and the morning went on. Some of my best pictures came around 2:30am after almost everyone had gone back to bed.
  This was only my second time seeing the Northern Lights and it was just as incredible as the first time. We were so lucky to get a rare clear night at a time with the lights were visible. Lets hope that luck continues for my last three weeks of the Alaska season!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island