Wilderness Explorer: My new home

 So I have officially become mobile now as I enter back into the boating world. I accepted a job as an expedition leader with Un-Cruise Adventures onboard their vessel the Wilderness Explorer. It is a small, high-end cruise ship that spends the summer months plying the inside passage of Southeast Alaska. I walked around the ship and took a few pictures to give people a better understanding of what downsizing one must do to come work on board, and in what extreme close quarters you live.
My top bunk with no head room
the "Shoilet"
 Being one of the managers on board means I have a bigger cabin and more space but it might not be what you would expect. A shoilet accompanies the room which is just big enough to sit on the toilet while taking a shower. I guess I do like to multitask. The hotel manager is my roommate so I imagine we will be on similar sleeping schedules.
 The ship takes 74 passengers with around 25 crew. It is 186ft long and four stories tall. There will be alot more pictures to come once we get going and into Alaska but here is a preview of the enclosed spaces.
I've got a few from my bed!
Close quarters=the boat life

Maxed out with kayaks
Spacious Lounge (still in drydock form)
View from the 300 level
A far off view of the Wilderness Explorer and sister ship docked here in Seattle






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island