Round the Island Tour

Relics of the Sugar Era
Waimea Falls
I have been training and researching to run different tours around the island of Oahu. Yesterday I went for a ride along on the Waimea Falls round the island tour with one of the other guides. It can be great fun playing the tourist for a bit. The planned stops on this trip include the Waialua Sugar Mill, Waimea Falls, Bonzai Pipeline, Fumi's Shrimp Shack for lunch, and the Macadamia Nut Farm outlet.

Botanical Gardens inside the lush Waimea Valley
  This tour seems like its right up my ally. It has a little taste of everything. Hawaii-made sugar and chocolate, a lush valley walk complete with waterfall, one of the most famous waves in the world, one of the settings for the filming of Jurassic Park, macadamia nut cracking, and of course lunch included! And I can feel good about eating shrimp since I can trace where they come from...about 30ft behind the shrimp shack in aquaculture ponds. I learned some new things along the way and with each new experience I feel a little more at home here on my new island.

Just in case you are lost


Jurassic Park was filmed on this ranch


Looking up at the sheer cliffs of windward Oahu

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island