Huge Surf- Waimea Big Wave Riders

See the tiny surfer?
Cleanup Set at Waimea
  Right now there is a size where if the waves exceed it I feel very comfortable taking pictures from the shore. Being winter time in Oahu the waves on the North shore exceed my limit quite often. When people ask what my limit is I often respond with 'double overhead'. So if the wave is more than twice my height I wouldn't paddle out. We'll see how long that holds. But for now I have been enjoying taking pictures of these crazy big wave chargers at places like Waimea Bay, Pipeline, and Sunset Beach.

Party Wave at Waimea Bay
Beauty in every wave
These pictures are from the swell a few days ago which was dwarfed by the swell we are having now. Unfortunately, high winds have made most breaks unsurfable. I can't wait to see what tomorrow will bring.

Monarch butterfly caterpillars near Waimea

A lone surfer high on the wave at Bonzai Pipeline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island