Surfing Hurricane Earl

I grew up in Savannah and never once surfed here, mostly because there are never any waves. That is until a hurricane sits off the coast and blast swell towards us. The forecast called for overhead bombs, which never really developed, but I caught some good 5 footers out there. And even little surf is great when the water is 83degrees warm.
I was surfing off the pier at Tybee Island while my mom took some pictures with her point and shoot. We were so close that I could talk to her from the lineup. I've never surfed hurricane swell before so this was an exciting first for me. Looks like I won't have to wait for South Africa for the next surf session after all.

Posted by Picasa

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island