It's Good to Be Home

Rocking the sea kayaking
Our lanai awaits!
Afternoon walk with the family
  It took almost a month to find a way back home to Maui and to my family from the expedition cruise ship I was working on thanks to this crazy coronavirus pandemic. Everywhere around the world started shutting their borders, including their ports, which made it very difficult to repatriate the crew, myself included. But I finally made it to Maui, and then entered a 14 day in house lockdown quarantine that all incoming passengers must do. Luckily I could do it in my home, which is way better than being stuck in a hotel room like tourists are currently.

   But now I am free! I out and about, while safely social distancing, but I get to enjoy Hawaii with my family and without a bunch of tourist and boats zipping around. To celebrate I grabbed my surfboard and headed out to one of my favorite secret southside breaks and scored it all to myself. Conscientious social distancing indeed.

The Future?
Fisher's First Kayak Outing
   Then we waited for a light wind day and took the entire family of four out on a kayak. We went right off the beach in North Kihei near our home, and found some wonderful coral to snorkel around, plus a few sea turtles popped up to say hi to the kids. It was Fisher's first time out in a sea kayak and he did just fine. Catalina dipped her toes and was excited to see the turtles at the surface, but also the coral below the kayak since the water was so clear.
 
   I wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now than with my family in my arms.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island