Humpback Whale Season in Maui!


 It is winter here in Maui and the humpback whales are back in force. I have been spending almost every day out on the water taking people out to see these amazing whales in action. But I have yet had much of an opportunity to go out and photograph these whales myself. Here are just a few quick pictures I snapped from a couple of extra nice days out on Ocean Explorer. Last week we had prime whale watching conditions out here in Maui but the weather can change fast. This week we have seen some of the strongest trade winds mixed with massive swell from the North. Luckily it doesn't seem to phase the whales at all. While driving my boat today I had a whale surprise me by breaching out of the water about 150 yards off the boat. Its always an adventure.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island