My Front Yard



There are so many beautiful creatures under the water. I have been so lucky getting to swim, snorkel, and scuba dive in so many places. But there is really nothing like having world class reefs right out of your doorstep.
The fish above is called a Sailfin Tang. It is already beautiful with its yellow stripes and bright yellow tail but it really shows off when it feels threatened and throws up its fins like a sail. I took these pictures at just the right time to catch it in all its glory.
The lobsters below have been pretty hard to find out here. They do hide deep in crevices and caves during the day, but I feel its more an effect of the pressure that lobster hunters put on them. I had to go to the marine reserve, a 'no-take' zone to find these two.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island