Africa Draws Me Back

  Sitting on the plane heading back to East Africa I can't help but think back on all of the amazing trips I've been fortunate enough to be a part of to this wonderful part of the world. Back in 2005 my father asked if I would accompany him to help make his dream of teaching baseball in Africa a reality. Baseball4Africa was born that fall, and what followed was a crash course into African adventure potential. We drove for 100 days from Kenya to the southern tip of the continent in South Africa stopping at national reserves, game parks, wild lands across seven different countries. 
 
   This first trip left such a lasting impression on me that I've traveled back to the dark continent any chance I could. I've led safaris, climbed Kilimanjaro, slept under the stars listening to the roar of lions, and met some amazing people. After all these years and all of my visits I still find myself drawn back to Africa. 
   There is just no other place quite like it. You can find yourself in places where animals still rule, where you can't go for a simple stroll because you are not on top of the food chain. You meet people that are so happy with so little. The sunsets are magical and adventures are endless. 

Gabrielle, Samburu warrior and all around nice guy
  
Scanning the endless savanna
Don't look up
There is no time like the present to visit Africa. Over the next two weeks I'll be revisiting some of my favorite spots in Kenya from that first trip many years ago, in order to share that same sense of wonder and discovery that I have with every visit to Africa. So follow this space for photos and stories to come. 


To look up post for this trip simply insert Kenya2018 into the search bar to the right.
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island