From Alaska to Africa

Alaska: Land of Bears
Africa: Land of Big Cats
  I feel pretty lucky to be able to work and travel to some of the most photogenic places on earth. I have spent the summer running expeditions through Southeast Alaska's Inside Passage. It has been a wild and wonderful season with some pretty amazing guests, beautiful landscapes, and close encounters with wildlife.

Masaai dance
Tlingit Art and Dress
   Now I'm gearing up for another destination, the fabled savannas of East Africa. I've put together a two week trip that encompasses the best of what Kenya has to offer. I'll try and show my group as much wildlife, and as many different animals as I can. We will visit seven different parks and game reserves throughout our safari.


Glacier in Alaska
Sunset colors over the African plains
   The landscapes will be very different as I'm trading up glacier-filled fjords for sunset bathed open plains. The spruce root woven hats and beaded regalia of the Tlingit will be traded for the red shawls of the Masaai. Yet one thing remains the same...I'll be surrounded by wilderness, a place ruled by animals, and one in which man is just a visitor. Hopefully places like these will continue to exist for our children and theirs.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island