Snorkeling with Spinner Dolphins at Captain Cooks

Dolphin Photos Here
   I remember spinner dolphins often swimming through the snorkel area at Kealakekua Bay, also known as Captain Cooks on the Big Island. However with all the boat traffic these days its no small wonder that these dolphins give the snorkel zone a wide berth now. However, every once in a while we still get lucky, and today was one of those days.

   I could hear the high pitched squeeks and squeals underwater before I saw the pod of spinner dolphins. Once they broke the surface with their telltale triangular dorsal fins I was able to plant myself in their probably path. There is always something so magical about a pod of dolphins appearing our of the deep blue. The intelligence is etched in the eyes as they swim by, looking deep into you. They gave me a couple of passes before heading back out to deeper water.

 Find more photos of dolphins for sale at www.daimarsphotos.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island