From Snowy Vermont to Tropical Hawaii




   It is time to trade up the wool socks for the board shorts as I head back to the Hawaiian Islands to work on the Safari Explorer as Expedition Leader for UnCruise Adventures. Vermont has been a beautiful winter wonderland and I surprised myself with how used to the subfreezing temperatures I became. It is true what they say, 'there is no such thing as bad weather, just bad gear.' Although there is something to be said about a work uniform that mainly consist of tshirts, board shorts, and sandals.

  After a quick day layover in Maui with some welcomed water time surfing with Ben at Ho'okipa, it is on to the island of Molokai to meet the Safari Explorer. I'll lead the next four trips between the islands of Molokai, Lanai, Maui, and the Big Island. Part of the excitement of being in these waters at this time of year is it is smack dab in the middle of the Humpback whale breeding season here. I even saw a few whales from the plane ride between islands.

  I'm leaving a big part of my heart back on the east coast but work calls...and what a work it is.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island