New Adventure: Sailing BC and Alaska

Safari Quest in Fishermens Terminal, Seattle
  The Hawaii season is finished, the whales are all headed north back to their feeding grounds in Alaska, so that is where I am headed as well. It was a great winter season leading trips in Hawaii onboard the Safari Explorer, followed by a multi-island private trip for a family that I will only say was... educational for all involved. But now it is on to new adventures, onboard a new boat.

  You may even call this one a yatch. The Safari Quest is a beautiful boat inside and out, with all the amenities you could ask for, including a pastry chef. We can take a maximum of 22 passengers with a compliment of 10 crew. We have a shoulder season itinerary of the Pacific Northwest and British Columbia. Then we will spend the greater part of the summer sailing through Alaska's Inside Passage.

British Columbia Wildlife
  I am still the expedition leader, however now I am also the guide. I'm familiar with this set up in Hawaii but all of my Alaska experience to this point has been managing a team of guides, and leading excursions every once in a while. Now I'll be out two times a day and still have all the paperwork to finish before sleep. Luckily the Safari Quest has the best espresso maker in the fleet, a wonderful multi-tasking crew to help me out, and about a 15 second commute to work.

  We have one B.C. trip under our belts already and it was a huge success. It is pretty wild waking up on day two in a different country, and the wildlife and landscapes are breathtaking. And this is all before we even make it to Alaska. Its going to be a fun season.

 To see my photo album from my past two seasons in Alaska click here.  Dai Mar's Alaska Photos

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island