Tail End of Whale Season on Maui

  My good friend Ben took me out on one of his mid afternoon whale watches late in March out of Lahaina, Maui. Even though we were on the tail end of humpback whale season we had some incredible action. It seemed that this season's calves were healthy and active putting on an amazing aerial performance for us. We saw full breaches from one two different calves, launching themselves completely clear of the water. I was able to zoom in on the action with my long lens.


 We also had a quick swim by from a very fast moving competition pod. The female was most likely out front while the males jockeyed for position behind her. It was a beautiful day out on the water and so reviving for me to see all this humpback whale action that I had been missing over in Oahu.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island