Surfing Pipeline on Oahu's North Shore

Surfer in a barrel at Pipeline
 It was a rainy, misty morning but I knew the swell was coming in. Big north swells are becoming rare this far out of the winter swell window. Knowing it might be one of the last, Heidi and I woke up early and drove out to the famous North Shore of Oahu.
  The rain was still coming down when we pulled into the parking lot at Ehukai Beach Park. I grabbed my rain jacket and ran for a quick surf check. Pipeline was pumping! Until now Heidi had been skunked every time we came to see barrels at Pipe. She would not be skunked today. We stuck around for a while watching surfers and boogie boarders dropping into some beautiful waves. I didn't have my board since we had plans to surf longboards on the South shore later in the day, but I would have been tempted to paddle out. I paddled out here at Pipe for the first time a few days ago and scored my own perfect barrel. It has been a solid winter.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island