When in Savannah...

View from Isle of Hope
Tybee's famous lighthouse
  When in Savannah you should eat some good local seafood. But don't stop there. When I'm in Savannah I visit family, soak in the atmosphere of Tybee, go swimming in a marsh, wakeboard with friends, take early morning walks along bluff drive, go searching for wildlife, wrangle an alligator or two, and maybe, just maybe, I would find a ghost among the old buildings of historic downtown.

My old stomping ground, Isle of Hope marshes

Home of the mighty fiddler crabs
Savannah wildlife around every corner
View from the rooftop bar, Bohemian
  I only had three days to show Heidi around my hometown and just a mere week myself, so this trip to Savannah was packed full. I was able to include a lot of my favorites from famous Tamarack waffles, to catching gators, and wake boarding with Ed. I was also able to show Heidi some of the finer points of growing up in the South. We had some quality marsh time with wakeboarding and catching alligators. She ate at the Crab Shack after a visit to Tybee Island. She handled some major hardware with Ed at the shooting range, and jump started some serious puzzle piece finding with my mom.
Savannah City Hall
  I was able to see a ton of my Savannah friends, many more than once which is a real treat. A dock party brought back tons of great memories. It is always so great to get the old gang together. We definitely need to do that more often. I also tried some new Savannah activities out. The rooftop bar on the Bohemian Hotel in downtown Savannah is a can't miss, while the "Bump in the Night" ghost tour is a must miss!

See any ghost? Our tour didn't!
   I was very excited to try out a ghost tour groupon that my mom picked up for us. It was a one hour walking tour. It turned out to be a 35 minute standing tour. We didn't even cover one city block! The big haunted ending was the dry storage room of Tondee's Tavern where we were shown a bricked up fireplace, some old beams, and some kraft macaroni and cheese on the shelf. One of the aggravated waiters asked us to move aside so they could continue bussing the tables! My sister was speechless, I was fighting back laughter, and my mom tried so hard to be nice but could only say, "I love these old beams." When the tour ended after 35 minutes with an attempt to get us to drink at the bar we laughed ourselves all the way home. If you are going to do a bad tour, make sure it is the worst ever so it will still be memorable.
City slicker and Cow girl
Birthday Horseback Ride

More fun Savannah wildlife
Wakeboarding Crew- sore, tired, and happy


Still dinosaurs among us
Heidi's new pet?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island