Amazing Underwater Encounter with Spinner Dolphins, Maui, Hawaii

These dolphins are closer than they appear
Hanging motionless in the deep as the pod cruises by
  Every time I dive underwater I have a magical experience. It is essentially diving into a different world filled with incredible sights and animals. It is this feeling that draws me back time and time again to the ocean. And once in a while my ocean karma or luck happens to kick in for a truly remarkable encounter. On this day Heidi and I pulled up to the water's edge, immediately saw spinner dolphins jumping so we grabbed our snorkel gear and camera and jumped in. These are just some of the pictures from this hour long encounter swimming with Hawaiian spinner dolphins.


Heidi with some rogue dolphins

One of my favorite interactions
Below the action




Heidi in the midst


Hawaiian spinner dolphins in the early morning light

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island