Dai Mar the Alligator Catcher

What was your first job?
Me and sister Lea in the backyard
  Every once in a while someone will ask about my past to figure out where this drive for adventure, wildlife, and water came from. I thought a great way to show them is with photo snippets of my early life. I grew up in Savannah, GA around salt marshes, barrier islands, and tons of wildlife. One of my first jobs was helping my dad catch and release alligators. Just like how I educate people about sharks now in hopes that they will conserve and champion them we would take people out catching alligators so they could learn more about them. It is this hope for inspiring others that drives me so much in my professional life today.
  The salt marshes weren't just a playground for alligators but tons of wildlife from bald eagles, ospreys, bottlenose dolphins, and of course...me! Even now whenever I head back to Savannah I go out kayaking with my mom. It is such a peaceful way to interact with the water. As you can see I was on this path for a long time.
I don't have too many pictures from these times but the ones I do bring back so many amazing memories


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island