Private Scuba Tour, Maui

Getting some insider information Roxy and Julie got my contact info and sought me out to take them on a dive somewhere in Maui. Roxy was certified while Julie wasn't, so I had to find a place where she could snorkel at the surface and still stay with us. I also wanted to go somewhere with great wildlife and near where they were staying, in Lahaina. So after discussing a couple of options we decided on Black Rock. This has been a favorite dive site of mine on the west coast of Maui. On this day we got lucky, first with parking (which can be the big downside to this site), and with weather conditions.

After snorkeling out to the point, past the cliff jumpers, Roxy and I said 'see ya later' to Julie and descended to the sandy floor. After a few minutes getting back in the feel and working on her buoyancy Roxy was back at it. And lucky for me the wildlife just kept showing up.

Roxy and Juliet
The water was crystal clear as we had numerous sea turtle encounters, nudibranch sightings, and even some rarer creatures on our dive. We stayed under for exactly 1 hour before surfacing at airport beach, all the way around Black Rock. I think I will have to start looking into local experts taking me out diving when I go to different places now. After the dive I busted out my ID books to go over all the amazing animals we encountered.

a spear fishermen on the hunt

imperial nudibranchs
Going back through all of these pictures is almost like reliving the dive. I feel pretty lucky to live in a place where diving is an option pretty much every day. In fact I have the day off tomorrow...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island