Rare Fish Dive at White Rock




 I try to spend as much time in the water as I can. So when the weather and conditions look good for a scuba dive (and they almost always look good here in Maui) I jump at the opportunity. This dive at white rock was filled with turtles and rare fish.
 The bright blue and orange fish at the top is a Potter's Angelfish. Angelfish are hard to spot here in Hawaii because they dive deep into the reef when they see a diver nearby. The beautiful fish in the picture on the right is the second Hawaiian Red Lionfish that I have seen, both in the last few weeks.

And to round out a great rare fish dive I came across this neon yellow fellow to the left, a Commerson's Frogfish. This frogfish still has its juvenile coloration. You would think bright yellow would not work as a camouflage but when you are surrounded by bright yellow sponges and corals you could swim right past him.
I thought this snowflake eel was too cute not to post. He was giving his best snake impression.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island