Nocturnal Octopus

Feeling adventurous on a warm Maui evening I drove down to the local dive shop to pick up a tank for a night dive at one of my favorite scuba spots, 5 Graves. I was treated to incredible sights, many of which were first for me.
I will put up another update with most of the photos from this dive but I couldn't resist posting this nocturnal octopus picture first. This octo started off dark brown on the ceiling of a cave about thirty feet down. After I spooked him he fanned out and turned a starry white before eventually turning brown again and fading off into the dark.
Sometimes I wonder what percentage of people have donned a snorkel mask or scuba gear and experienced the underwater world. And of those people how many have done it at night...


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island