Research Day



Part of my job here at Pacific Whale Foundation in Maui has been to take underwater photos of Hawaiian Green Sea Turtles at several locations while scuba diving. It is absolutely amazing. There are tons of turtles, some of which I am getting to know after seeing them on several different dives. And there are always lots of other fish and invertebrates to catch my eye as well.
On the dive today we saw 11 turtles, 3 species of moray eels, and a Vericose nudebranch. The eel in the picture is a small Undulated Moray Eel and the fish below is a Yellowtail Coris caught in between the juvenile red and white phase and the adult phase. I was diving with Heidi and Nick and I was able to snap their picture behind this one turtle who seemed fine with posing for a few pictures on the sandy bottom. Maybe he thought all the sand on his shell camouflaged him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island