So Cal and the Tole Mour


I am jazzed to be back among the Tole Mour family out here in Southern California. Its also quite nice to have all the experiences of the spring with me as I apply them to sailing on a much larger scale, a 156ft 3 masted schooner. At 229tons and with 15 sails she is a sight plowing thru the seas around the Channel Islands. We take out kids for 1, 2, and 3 week sailing and marine biology adventure camps during the summer.
This summer has already brought whales, bow riding dolphins, a great white sighting, and mola mola's galore. The crew is very experienced and totals 14, including instructors, deckhands, engineers, mates, the captain and the cook. It is my 4th season on board so it definitely feels like coming home. And its great to already know some of the kids from last summer.
I will try to update my blog after the trips when we are docked in Long Beach, CA.

-Dai Mar

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island