New Adventure New Title

Big Changes in store for me and the blog. I have left the Odyssey after our crossing of the Gulf. Differences between the owner and the crew became too great and try as I might to avoid the inevitable it came time to step away and choose a different path.
But you know what they say, 'when one door closes many more open.' And it just so happens that another boat in the same marina, a 44ft sloop named Against the Wind offered to have me and Heidi on board to help sail down to Panama. So the odyssey of Dai Mar still lives on.
We won't set sail until May 1st, which should give Heidi and I some travel time as well as time to put the forestay and foller furler back on. We took it off, with alot of help from Ryan before he left, after I found the stay seriously frayed up near the top of the mast. I hope putting it back on will be easier than everyone thinks.

Heidi, Ryan, and I did get a chance to jet inland to the ruins at Chitchen Itza, 50ft cliff dives into cenotes at Cuzama, and Samani Santa celebrations in old town Merida.
Now Heidi and I are spending the weekend in Tulum. Ancient ruins by the turquoise ocean and some cenote scuba diving!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Secret Maui Waterfall

Search for Chameleons, Maui

Vermont Summer and Stave Island